Each plot measures 16’x16’ (256 square feet) and is divided into eight 4’x8’ graves. Plots may be purchased whole for $7,200, or individual graves for $900. Each grave may contain no more than two full body interments or four cremated interments.
• Each grave may contain no more than two memorial stones.
• Individual grave plantings are restricted to those approved by the Churchyard Committee. A list of approved plants is available here.• The Church of the Redeemer provides basic landscaping services throughout the graveyard. This includes lawn mowing, common flowerbed weeding, tree management and seasonal clean-up.
Burial Plot Locations courtesy of the Lower Merion Historical Society
Memorial Stone Markers
It is our policy that any memorial stone placed in the churchyard must be in keeping with the general design and appearance of those already there. All monument makers are required to send a sketch of the proposed marker to the Parish Administrator for written approval before the final installation of the stone in our churchyard. Memorial stones require foundations constructed to our specifications. Care and maintenance of the memorial stones is the responsibility of the plot owner. Stones not repaired in a reasonable time will be repaired by the Church of the Redeemer and billed to the plot owner.
We do not recommend any one stone mason, however, the following companies have done most of the existing work in the churchyard:
• Harvard C. Wood, Inc., Lansdowne, PA (610) 622-0550
• Malvern Granite Company, Malvern, PA (610) 644-1883
• Cartledge Memorials, Inc., Upper Darby, PA (610) 789-5525
Memorial Garden spaces are available for the interment of cremated remains. Spaces may be purchased for two or four interments. Two interment spaces cost $600, and four interment spaces cost $1,200. Each space is covered by a slate block. Names and dates of birth and death of those interred may be inscribed on the slate block. Any other inscriptions are not allowed.